It's hard to connect
As I said last week, connection is essential to us. And yet, it can be terrifically difficult to build or seek out when something (a fear, a past experience, a struggle, whatever) gets in the way. Before this week's practice of Sat Yam (inviting us to "let go" of thoughts we don't need anymore), I talk a bit about the challenge of connecting. You might ask yourself before or after practicing: "Where do I find it difficult to connect with others? Do I know what's in my way?"
You can also ignore all that and just practice in the way that suits you best! Enjoy!
Listen to "What keeps you from connecting? + Sat Yam "Let Go" Meditation"
What’s in this episode of Everyday Meditation?
- Welcome + getting situated, with a few thoughts on what keeps us from connecting with others.
- A little lead-in movement: Cat / childs
- Breathing practice: Alternate nostril breathing
- Meditation technique (awareness kriya): Sat Yam "Let Go"
- A little re-grounding movement: Seated forward fold
As always, I encourage you to make yourself at home in this practice: substitute, modify, do as you need to feel safe and present, including taking breaks!
After listening to the episode, perhaps check in: did you notice something that you want to carry with you? If yes, maybe jot it down in a notebook or record a voice memo to help you remember!
Be moving, be true, be you
photo credit mitchell luo, found on unsplash