You can find your sound
If you have one! In my practice of this week's meditation (humming bija mantras) along with other mantras I've learned over the years, I've noticed (and been encouraged to observe) that some just feel better than others. I prefer to repeat some sounds and skip over others. And there is one that I come back to again and again as a means to quiet my mind during my day (not just in meditation practice). I speak to that in the episode and hope you'll find your own sound --whether or not it's one I offer.
You can also ignore all that and just practice in the way that suits you best! Enjoy!
Listen to "Sounds that Resonate with You + Humming Meditation"
What’s in this episode of Everyday Meditation?
- Welcome + getting situated, with a few thoughts on finding and returning to sounds that resonate with you.
- A little lead-in movement: Cat/cow
- Breathing practice: 4-part breathing
- Meditation technique (awareness kriya): Humming kriya (bija mantra)
- A little re-grounding movement: Child's
As always, I encourage you to make yourself at home in this practice: substitute, modify, do as you need to feel safe and present, including taking breaks!
After listening to the episode, perhaps check in: did you notice something that you want to carry with you? If yes, maybe jot it down in a notebook or record a voice memo to help you remember!
Be moving, be true, be you
photo credit rebecca lawrence, found on unsplash