There's more than one way to be present
There are many places in life where we're asked to "be present" -- and it doesn't always mean the same thing. Allowing some variation in the ways you show up in any given moment might make "being present" feel more manageable. I share a few thoughts on that in the episode -- plus how it relates to this week's technique. Enjoy!
What’s in this episode of Everyday Meditation?
- Welcome + getting situated, with a few thoughts on being present and what we can borrow from meditation
- A little lead-in movement: Seated cat / cow
- Breathing practice: Alternate nostril breathing (nadi shodhana)
- Meditation technique (awareness kriya): Color visualization
- A little re-grounding movement: Downdog or Child's form
As always, I encourage you to make yourself at home in this practice: substitute, modify, do as you need to feel safe and present, including taking breaks!
After listening to the episode, perhaps check in: did you notice something that you want to carry with you? If yes, maybe jot it down in a notebook or record a voice memo to help you remember!
Be moving, be true, be you
photo credit vlad kutepov, found on unsplash