Connecting through space
My favorite aspect of Sat Yam is that it invites you to imagine an expanse --one that we're all part of. And connecting to that, through that space, is why I love sharing the practice with others, whether teaching or practicing.
I talk more about that before leading the practice in this week's episode. Enjoy!
Listen to "My favorite meditation practice to share - Sat Yam"
What’s in this episode of Everyday Meditation?
- Welcome + getting situated, with a few thoughts on why Sat Yam is my favorite meditation technique to share with others
- A little lead-in movement: Seated cat/cow
- Breathing practice: Padadirsasana (breath balancing)
- Meditation technique (awareness kriya): Sat Yam Kriya (of course!)
- A little re-grounding movement: Various movements
As always, I encourage you to make yourself at home in this practice: substitute, modify, do as you need to feel safe and present, including taking breaks!
After listening to the episode, perhaps check in: did you notice something that you want to carry with you? If yes, maybe jot it down in a notebook or record a voice memo to help you remember!
Be moving, be true, be you
photo credit kristen alyce, found on unsplash