Taking care of you
Self-care is a bit of a buzz word -- something we all need and probably need to learn how to do, and also something many of us eschew, perhaps because it isn't as easy as taking a bubble bath (unless that's your thing!). Before diving into the meditation practice in this episode, I talk about taking care of yourself (and others) by drawing on some lessons from the yamas and niyamas of yoga. Feel free to tune in or you can also ignore all that and just practice in the way that suits you best! Enjoy!
Listen to "Taking Care of Self through the Yamas and Niyamas + Swaying Meditation"
What’s in this episode of Everyday Meditation?
- Welcome + getting situated, with a few thoughts on taking care of yourself through the lens of the yamas and niyamas
- A little lead-in movement: Seated fold (cross-leg)
- Breathing practice: Extended exhales
- Meditation technique (awareness kriya): Swaying to center
- A little re-grounding movement: Seated fold (straight leg)
As always, I encourage you to make yourself at home in this practice: substitute, modify, do as you need to feel safe and present, including taking breaks!
After listening to the episode, perhaps check in: did you notice something that you want to carry with you? If yes, maybe jot it down in a notebook or record a voice memo to help you remember!
Be moving, be true, be you
photo credit peter wormstetter, found on unsplash