The good of letting go
Today's practice is all about "letting go" of certain thoughts that we no longer need (the kind that may have been useful once, but their purpose has run its course). What does it mean to "let go" of thoughts? How do we do this? Is it ok if they come back? Can we meditate our thoughts away? More on that in the episode before the practice. Enjoy!
Listen to "Ep 520 - Letting Go + Sat Yam Meditation"
What’s in this episode of Everyday Meditation?
- Welcome + getting situated, with a few words on letting go of thoughts
- A little lead-in movement: Cat/cow
- Breathing practice: Alternate nostril breathing (nadi shodhana)
- Meditation technique (awareness kriya): Sat Yam (let go)
- A little re-grounding movement: Seated side fold
As always, I encourage you to make yourself at home in this practice: substitute, modify, do as you need to feel safe and present, including taking breaks!
After listening to the episode, perhaps check in: did you notice something that you want to carry with you? If yes, maybe jot it down in a notebook or record a voice memo to help you remember!
Be moving, be true, be you
photo credit sui yun, found on unsplash