We all change
We grow, we age, we change -- from year to year, day to day, and moment to moment. The other day I took a special delight in paying attention to my body changing from tense and tired to relaxed and ready to rest. It was a reminder of just how much is going on all the time, and just how powerful a familiar cue and some deep breathing can be! More on that in the episode, and while you listen, you might contemplate your own capacity for changes you want.
What’s in this episode of Everyday Meditation?
- Welcome + getting situated, with a few thoughts on experiencing change in the body as it happens
- A little lead-in movement: Thread the needle
- Breathing practice: Alternate Nostril Breathing (nadi shodhana)
- Meditation technique (awareness kriya): Hum Sa
- A little re-grounding movement: Seated camel
As always, I encourage you to make yourself at home in this practice: substitute, modify, do as you need to feel safe and present, including taking breaks!
After listening to the episode, perhaps check in: did you notice something that you want to carry with you? If yes, maybe jot it down in a notebook or record a voice memo to help you remember!
You can give it a try when you're ready
Be moving, be true, be you
photo credit matt wojtas, found on unsplash