Inhales, exhales -- is there more to our breathing than just these two sides of the breath? Yes! I like to notice the four "parts" of your breathing: inhale, transition, exhale, transition.
What’s in this episode of moved to heal?
I introduce the "four parts" of breathing in two ways.
The first way is to notice what's already happening:
- there's an inhale
- then there's a moment of transition between inhale and exhale
- then there's an exhale
- and then another moment of transition between exhale and inhale
The second way is to try engaging with these four parts where you choose. Here are a few options:
- allowing fuller or longer inhales and exhales
- allowing more pause in the transition
- creating an even rhythm between inhale and exhale
I guide you through this practice step by step, and you can choose to skip or stay with any area you like. You can do this Moved to Heal practice while reclining, seated, standing, or moving.
After listening to the episode, perhaps take a moment to check in: did you notice something that you want to remember or follow up on? If yes, maybe jot it down in a notebook or record a voice memo to help you remember.
You can give it a try when you're ready
Be moving, be true, be you
photo credit ashim d silva on unsplash