You decide how to get ready
Meditation is a simple, if difficult practice. And yet, because our lives are complex and often messy, we're not always ready to jump right into the simplicity of the meditation practice.
This week, I talk about the importance of choosing what you need (and taking time to explore ideas and options) to prepare for meditation and to transition out of it. In the practice, I encourage you to do your own thing and/or try out the suggestions I offer to help you find your own thing. I hope it's helpful. Enjoy!
Listen to "Ep 509 - Choice + Swaying Meditation" on Spreaker.
What’s in this episode of Everyday Meditation?
- Welcome + getting situated, with a few thoughts on making choices and taking action in meditation
- A little lead-in movement: Seated camel
- Breathing practice: Even ratio breathing (1:1)
- Meditation technique (awareness kriya): Swaying to center
- A little re-grounding movement: Reclining ankle to knee
As always, I encourage you to make yourself at home in this practice: substitute, modify, do as you need to feel safe and present, including taking breaks!
After listening to the episode, perhaps check in: did you notice something that you want to carry with you? If yes, maybe jot it down in a notebook or record a voice memo to help you remember!
You can give it a try when you're ready
Be moving, be true, be you
photo credit hoach le din, found on unsplash