Moved to Heal practice removes any emphasis on doing "postures" (referred to as forms) or movements in a certain or "correct" way. Instead, trauma-sensitive practices shift greater focus to the internal experience. Over time, participants can develop their ability to feel in their bodies, recognize their internal sensations, and use that knowledge as a resource for self-regulation.
Weekly episodes follow a consistent pattern:
- welcome + what to expect
- describe the movements included in the practice
- guide listeners through the practice using TSY format:
- offer choices
- use invitational language
- invite noticing of feeling and sensation
- invite exploration when ready
Each month, I offer 3 different lengths of practice: 5, 10, or 15 movements based on 5 base forms. I work with a relatively small + "basic" library of forms and movements, in order to make the practice accessible without yoga familiarity.