Hey there! I’m Esther.
WHAT I DO
I teach movement + meditation. I’ve been helping students feel better in their own bodies + in their lives since 2014.
HOW I DO IT
A big part of how I’m able to help people comes through my knowledge of how the body and mind work together, and the ways you can put that link to good use to make the changes you seek.
WHY I DO IT
I love it. Plain and simple.
I came to love it through rehabbing an injury in 2008. (Years of dancing without much of a training program = recipe for joint pain!) That sparked my interest. I wanted to understand why I was hurting and how to change it.
I accumulated knowledge slowly at first, as part of my healing journey, and then realized this was my way to help and connect with other people. Now I’m just on a roll, helping people everyday from a full kit of tools (from yoga, strength training, self myofascial release, and more). You really can’t shut me up about how to move well, whether you’re trying to relieve pain or prevent it from setting in.
I’m here to help you move mindfully everyday —in a way that feels good to you. I’ll teach you approaches based on sound science AND tailor them to your particular needs + feedback. And I’ll do it in a way that is connected to who you are, what you do, and why you do it.
“Esther embodies the best of what a yoga teacher can be – someone who holds space for students to experience the energy and journey of their own practice.”
– Ann, long-time student
MORE ABOUT ME
Nuts + Bolts
- I co-created 3 different long format yoga training programs at Yoga 216 and taught 2-4 sessions each year (2014-2019).
- I’m an ISHTA Certified Yoga Teacher at the Sadhaka level. That means I was trained to teach yoga at ISHTA, was then invited to teach at ISHTA, and now am at the next level (sadhaka level) of my own studies.
- E-RYT 500 since 2012. Basically that means the Yoga Alliance says I’ve been teaching for a while as a certified teacher with at least 500 hours of training.
- I hold additional certifications in:
- Restorative Yoga (Anand Menza Restorative)
- Prenatal/Postnatal Yoga (Anandamama)
- ISHTA Master techniques (including advanced meditation, pranayama, and more)
- Anatomy of the Spine (Irene Dowd)
- Pelvic Restoration (Postural Restoration Institute)
- Thai Yoga Massage
- I’ve studied formally in modern dance, anatomy/kinesiology, strength training, and the Alexander Technique.
- From before my yoga days… I have an MFA in Dance + Technology from Ohio State. Yes, I still dance, but now just for fun.
- I use pronouns she/her, and want to know yours, too.
- I luuuuuv watching movies. Even better if it’s the middle of the day and I’m surrounded by cats.
- I geek out over etymology and fun words no one ever uses anymore, like “whence.”
- I talk about the brain a lot.*
- I am very decided about being undecided. There’s always more to learn.
Want to move with me? Click here to learn how.